How it started and what we want to accomplish:
It was a shared passion for food and healthy living that brought my partners and I together. It was a shared frustration with the conventional thinking on things like - a prescription pill can fix anything, a bowl of instant oatmeal with artificial flavorings is a healthy breakfast, or that a granola bar with partially-hydrogenated oils is good for you - that finally prompted us in September 2011 to unite and purchase WholeFood Farmacy.
We have a simple mission: Help People Live Healthier Lives
We accomplish this by providing you, our customers, with great tasting whole foods, pure personal care products, and healing solutions ~ all natural of course. And finally, based on learnings from our wise ancestors, current research and our own experiences of what works and what doesn't, we plan to offer straight talk on what it takes to enjoy a healthy life with happiness, vitality, and longevity.
How we operate:
We have some pretty basic operating principles, but they're important to us and we try to live and breath them everyday while making products for you. I thought you would enjoy knowing what drives us, so I've included them here.
• We make pure products that are free of additives, preservatives and other bad-for-you chemicals
• We provide straight talk on healthy living
• We make handcrafted products that taste great
• We provide a safe working environment
• We make products that are safe to consume/use
• We are a go-to source for ancient and modern natural healing solutions
• We make eating healthy easy and convenient
• We strive to make our customers happy
What we believe:
Below I have listed our fundamental Principles of Health. Again they are pretty basic, but when you start to see consistencies in multiple trusted sources and your own experiences begin to verify the information, you know you're on to something. So, here it is...what we think is important for a preventative based lifestyle and an overall healthy life.
- Eat Whole Food: Eat plenty of veggies, fruits, protein and some whole grains.
- Move & Lift: Get plenty of activity with both bursts of all out exertion and moderate activity. The main point here is to keep moving regardless of your pace. By lift, I mean resistance activities. You can use weights or your body weight.
- Avoid New Foods: Foods that didn't exist 100 years ago should be avoided (processed foods, trans fats, partially-hydrogenated oils, GMOs, high fructose corn syrup...you know the drill).
- Avoid Toxins: When possible and appropriate, avoid prescription drugs, vaccines, industrial/household chemicals and the list goes on...
- Fresh air and Sunshine: Breath deeply and with purpose. Take in the sun and let it nourish your body.
- Get a Good Night's Sleep: Give your mind and body the break it deserves. A good night's sleep with as little light and electronic activity as possible is best. Let your body and mind rejuvenate.
- Drink Water: Drink plenty of water. Herbal teas are good too and, okay, a little red wine is fine.
- Develop and Foster Loving/Caring Relationships: In the end, isn't this what it is all about? Go for quality over quantity.
- Think: Keep the cobwebs out; engage your brain through mind-working activities.
- Believe in a higher power.
In summary, I want to thank you for checking us out and trusting us with your business. We will do our best to make sure that every experience you have with us is a good one.
In good health,